Monday, November 16, 2009

Flying free of Fox

Two weeks ago I found myself on an airplane headed to the west coast. I was taking a little time away from it all and attening a music festival in southern California and on my plane ride out to Las Vegas (which included a subsequent van ride through the, as Hunter S. Thompson so elloquently put it, Back Country between there and the neighboring Golden State) and as I sunk deep into my seat for the 4 and a half hour period I wondered how I would keep myself entertained. With my girlfried at my side and beautiful blue sky out the window (yes, I was not only smart enough to book a window seat, but also kind enough to assign my girlfriend to it) I wasn't necessarily worried about the entertainment aspect, but my mind still wondered. Finally after about an hour in the air and some school reading behind me I decided to stop a flight attendant and get one of those pair of really comfortable headphones of the $2 variety and tune into the back headrest of the seat in front of me.

There was a pretty impressive array of cable channels availible for free viewing and as I scanned the options I was pretty sure that I did not see the Fox news network. So I made another pass through the  channels and, sure enough, NO Fox News. Not to give too much away, but I was overjoyed at the thought of operating the up and down button and not having to even glimpse at the content of that awesome channel.

I was wondering how Delta escaped this....

1 comment:

  1. I likewise made a Delta trip out to the West Coast a couple of weeks ago, LAX to be exact, and while I tuned more into the $6.00 movies I could watch I did notice that there was an array of television cable channels to choose from including Bravo where I happily watched what the world now assumes is a real Atlanta housewife, but I did not notice that FOX had been skipped on that list. Wow, from what I remember there was CNN, guess I could be wrong since on the way back it was another wonderful Monday Night Football game that caught my eye. I wonder as well how Delta escaped that one...gonna have to do some more research there...

    ReplyDelete